Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Going to the Doctor

Poor Spane. He was asleep on the sofa this morning when I woke him up to go to his pediatrician. Last night, I gave up and went to sleep at 03:00 , got up at 08:30 and our appointment was at 09:00. Spane really didn't want to get up, he said he head ached.

When we got to the doctor, Spane told her about not being able to sleep, and how he has not gotten to sleep until 05:00. He told her about the stomach pains still happening every day. I told her that I was keeping a log of how often, and what his stool looks like. She says she does not want to do anything more to Spane until the doctors at Children's take a look, as the stomach pains may be a part of the Dandy Walker Syndrome. She wrote a prescription for something to help Spane sleep, but said start off giving only half.

I was really amazed when we got home that instead of going back to bed, or at least having a nap, Spane right away got on his bicycle and started riding up and down the street with his friends.

So, tonight, after we had dinner, Spane said his head hurt (it almost always does at night), and I told him he could use the new medicine. I'm a horrible mother and forgot to only give him a half, and he came out to watch television, and fell asleep, finally, at 21:30. Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment