Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mom Spends the Day Out - Spane Hits Mom

eCosway

Thursday morning, and I sat there thinking about the roller coaster Spane and I are on. And I was still sitting there thinking I had more time, when Josef walked in the back door. We had an appointment for him to show me something in Encino. So, I dressed quickly, and wore my favorite green dress with my favorite purple necklace. We dropped Spane off at Amber's to spend the day with her and her children.

I am not going to go into what happened with Josef, you can read all about More Than Waffles and eCosway at The Good Plate.

Another Night with No Sleep

When Spane got home, after dinner and his nightly medication, Spane wanted to play Monopoly. Last time we played, I let him be banker. Do you know what it's like to have a seven year old banker? I mean, he's like a Math genius, but still, he's only seven!

Spane doesn't do well when he's not winning. I don't think it's fair to Spane to let him win. Spane sometimes cheats, or tries to cheat, and when you call him on it, he gets mad.

When Spane threw some milk at me, I told him I did not want to play anymore, picked everything up and put it away. I got him to take a bath, thinking that the bath would calm him down, he had only had a half of a sleepy pill.

Then the rest of the night was me trying to get him to go to bed, and me explaining that I needed to rest because I was tired. I had had a really long day, and all I wanted to do was rest. But, I need a little time alone to wind down before I go to sleep, and that was why I wanted Spane to go to sleep.

Shades of the Father

When Douglas1 and I were together, Douglas decided to stop drinking and take No Doze instead. Yes, that's substituting one dependency for another, and a silly one at that. As a result, Douglas could not sleep, and would not let me sleep either. One night, I was so desperate for sleep that I laid down in the closet, but he found me, and screamed at me that if he couldn't sleep, I wasn't going to either. I remember at the time thinking that this was torture, what prisoners of war were exposed to. That was the first time I had thought that I needed to get away from Douglas.

Like Father Like Son

I tried to reason with him. I held him down on the couch and held his arms while I tried to reason with him, and he reached up and broke my necklace. I spanked him on the rear for doing that. I was really sad, that was my favorite necklace.

Finally, I gave up and tried to go to bed. The next thing I knew, he was sitting on the bed with a butter knife, hitting me on the leg with it. Then he got up and threw the plastic chest of drawers down on top of me.

I got up, put on my clothes. I was at my wits end - how could I deal with this? This was the same thing his father had done to me, but that time, I was able to get rid of my attacker. I couldn't get "rid" of Spane - but, for my sanity, I was starting to think about it - really. Spane came in the bathroom, and I told him I could not do this anymore. I could not live with a child who was trying to hurt me. Finally, I got him to take the other half of the sleepy pill, and he finally went to sleep. It was 3 o'clock in the morning - again!


1 Douglas is Spane's father.

No comments:

Post a Comment