Saturday, August 20, 2011

Noelle's Birthday

Time to Clean the House

Douglas arrived Saturday morning, and complained that the house was not clean. I agreed, and showed him the beat up broom that belongs to Maria that I have to work with. My mop went out last week just before I was having the Obama people over, and it broke apart in my hand as I tried to clean the floor on my hands and knees.

So we went down to the local dollar store and found all the stuff I needed for under $20.00 - a nice new broom, a nice metal standing dust pan, a "Sham Wow" type cloth mop (great!), and best of all, a nice bucket specifically made for cloth mops.

I was so thrilled with my new cleaning supplies that when we got back, I immediately put on Mozart's Requiem and started cleaning. I mean I really scrubbed, bleached all the base boards, bleached all the surfaces, swept and washed all the floors.

While I was doing the kitchen and bathroom, Douglas had Spane get all the stuff that was on the living room floor up - mostly toys and pieces of paper that had gotten under things. There was only one large bag of trash, I was surprised. Half way through this, Noelle, the birthday girl, came over and helped Spane.

Time to Go to the Party

We all went over to the party across the street. Stevie was barbecuing, and Amber had great fun games for the kids.

Amber and I went back and got the star of the show, the cake. It really looked amazing as Amber had put gel on the waterfall part. I'll have pictures soon, I promise. Everyone had cake and really enjoyed it.

When everyone had eaten cake, presents were opened. Noelle was really excited that she got a Pillow Pet, and she liked the presents we made for her.

Back to Amber's

So, everyone went back to Amber's house after the party. Spane played with the other kids, and Douglas and I went and talked with the adults. We had a nice time, and then he left to go home.

Spane and I stayed a while longer, then Amber drove us home.

Remembering Ollie Hammond's

Back in the day, my friends and I used to go to Ollie Hammond's after the clubs and get breakfast. I remember Ollie Hammond's had these wonderful home fried made with red potatoes. When Spane and I got home from Amber's I asked him if he was hungry and he said he was ravenous. So, I whipped up some scrambled eggs with leeks and white cheddar, bacon and red potato home fries. We ate everything with gusto, and I gave Spane his Seroquel and pain medication.

Spane Had a Big Day

Spane had a big day, and he fell asleep on the couch. I woke him up, and we went to sleep together.

It was a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment