Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Crafting We Will Go

The Electric Company

So, I'm sitting at my computer yesterday morning, getting ready to write up a Beeper story, when the electricity went out. I got Spane up and we went to the power company. Gosh! I had forgotten to pay the electricity bill! I paid the bill and they said the power would be back on later in the afternoon. So, it's 11:30 in the morning, and we had nothing to do.

Spane was hungry, so we decided to go to Rubio's for lunch. I love that place, the food is always good, and the prices are affordable.

After eating, I wanted to go to Michaels to look for some things to make the pixie I volunteered to make for Noelle's birthday cake. Amber is making a waterfall cake, and I am going to make a pixie or two to sit at the waterfall. I already have the almond paste for the body, and now my challenge is the wings. My intention was to go to Michaels to see if I could find candy molds that I could pour hard crack stage sugar syrup in.

At Michaels

We were at Michaels for a really long time, but we came away with some great gifts to make for Noelle. When we got home, we stared our project. I made the stuff that needed the hot glue gun, and Spane decorated the gift bag. He didn't mind not working with the glue gun when he saw me burn my index finger with it. Spane did a great job on the gift bag, and then I thought I should take some pictures of what we had done. You can see the completed project slide show.

Time To Go To Bed

Lately, Spane has been pretty good about going to bed, but tonight he did not want to go to bed, and there was quite the battle to get him to do so. Finally, with the threat of no computer time, he finally went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment