Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Big Day - Voldemort is finally dead

Big Day on the Bus

I got Spane up at 7:00 this morning, he took a shower and we were out the door by 7:15, on our way to the bus stop to catch the number 4 to Brand.

We stopped at the gas station and got Spane a pop-tart and me a coke. Breakfast of champions!

We took the number 12 to the Burbank train station, and got on the Burbank Blue Bus going to our destination. Our appointment was pretty quick, only go get some paperwork to give to Spane's doctor.

Then, we were both hungry, and I suggested we eat hot dogs from 7-11 which was on the corner. I got one of those hamburger roll-ups, and a brownie. Spane got a bag of barbecue chips and a milk.

We had a picnic waiting for the bus and shared our food. Finally, the bus came, and we took it to transfer to the next bus in Burbank.

Voldemort is Finally Dead!

As we were traveling down Brand, I asked Spane if he would like to go to Barnes and Noble, and he said yes. As we got off the bus, I saw that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II was playing across the street. I decided we should see how much it would be.

Here was a surprise - an elderly gentleman said that it was $5.00 for seniors today only. I walked up to the window and asked how much, and the girl said, "5.00 for senior and 8.50 for the child". I asked if I would have to provide proof, and she said, "No, I'm trusting you", so I gave her the money, and we got our tickets. What can I say? I'm 54 years old, when I was in my twenties, I thought people over 30 had one foot in the grave.

Finally, Voldemort is dead. I wonder if this will become "Voldemort is still dead", as in Generalíssimo Francisco Franco is still dead. My goodness, I really am showing me age!

Spane enjoyed the movie, although there were a few places that were scary for him. Then I took him to the play area at the Americana, and he played in the sand until it was time to go see his therapist.

At the Therapist

We arrived at the therapist, I told her that I was so thrilled because we had not had voices for two days. I also told her this might be because I was not being stringent on bed time, but that he was going to bed really late, and sometimes not getting up until noon. That's okay for now, but it's going to be a problem when school starts.

When I went into the lobby to wait, Spane and his therapist played Uno. I hear she won - but that will probably be the last time, he's really good!

To the Store We Go

We had run out of milk, and the supermarket is one block next to the therapist. On the way there, I passed a mint plant in a hotel's shrubbery and asked the owner if I could have a cutting. He said yes, and gave me almost a whole plant! It's peppermint, not spearmint - lovely.

When we got to the store, we had filled our shopping cart when I heard someone calling Spane's name. It was Noelle and Zeik. Amber and the kids gave us a ride home, and Zeik stayed for dinner before he had to go home.

Go to Sleep

After dinner, I asked Spane to do the dishes, but he said he was too tired. I didn't blame him. I fully intended to do the dishes after I watched Through the Worm Hole, but I fell sleep and didn't wake up until 3:00am. Spane was asleep at the computer, so I woke him up, and got into our bed.

It was a good day, AND a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment