Monday, June 27, 2011

Mommy, I'm Hearing Voices

Monday night, June 27, 2011, Spane was beginning to act up a little.  He seemed like he was angry, although he had had a nice day playing with the friends next door.

Me:
"Spane, it's time to go to bed.  Can you put on your pajamas, please?"
Spane:
"No!"
Me:
"Spane, are you mad at me?"
Spane:
"No, Mommy"
Me:
"Are you mad because your other friends weren't able to come over and play today?"
Spane:
"No, Mommy"
Me:
"Spane, what's really going on?"
Spane:
"Mommy, I have a head ache!"
Me:
"We have Tylenol for that.  Do you want me to get you some?"
Spane:
"No, Mommy. It doesn't work."
Me:
"Well, honey, I don't know what to do then."
Spane (agitated and frustrated):
"Mommy, I'm tired of the headaches telling me what to do!"
Me (really calmly):
"Spane, are you hearing voices?"
Spane:
"Yes, Mommy, I am"
Me (trying to stay calm):
"What do they say, honey?"
Spane:
"Well, they tell me to do bad things.  They always tell me to do bad things, and I can't get rid of them, or make them go away!"

That was the first night. That was the beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment